This year, the campaign highlights how friendship, solidarity and hope can thrive amid conflict in South Sudan.
There are many ways for you to support the campaign this year. Here are some practical things you can do in your parish community to raise awareness about the lives of Awut and Ajak in South Sudan. Read more here.
- Contact your Parish Priest or Parish Office to ensure Trócaire boxes and other Lenten resources have been received and displayed. Offer your support to safely help with box distribution or speak about the campaign at one Mass during Lent if it is safe and permitted to do so.
- Create a Trócaire-themed sacred space in your Church, or another community space using a Giant Trócaire box, campaign posters – keeping current restrictions, safety, and social distancing in mind.
- Attend our webinars and the annual Lent Lecture which will be on the 9th March at 7.30pm (zoom).
- Pray the Trócaire Stations of the Cross alone or organise a virtual prayer group with friends or family.
You can also support the campaign with fundraising initiatives. Here are some ideas to inspire you.
- Take part in our sponsored walk/run/cycle challenge from Ireland to South Sudan.
- Host a virtual coffee morning or lunch fundraiser with your friends/family.
- Host an online ‘Trad for Trócaire’ gig to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
- Hold an Easter hamper raffle with family and friends.
As we make our way through this Lenten Season, let us remember the words of St. Mother Teresa: “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water and create many ripples”.